- 1 medium Anauá yam;
- 1 table spoon of grated ginger;
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic;
- 1 chopped red onion;
- 1 cup of water;
- 1 cup of watercress;
- 5 mint leaves;
- 1 table spoon of chopped chives;
- Salt to taste.
Method of Preparation:
- Put a non stick pan over the fire with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the garlic and the onion until golden.
- Add the Anauá yam, ginger, and water.
- Turn off the heat as soon as the yam is cooked.
- Beat all the soup in the blender and return to the pan, adding the watercress and salt.
- Boil for three minutes and it’s ready to serve, add chopped chives for an extra taste.