- one medium Anauá yam cut into thin slices
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 200 mg of gruyer cheese
- 200 mg of heavy cream
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 mg of milk
- nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
Method of Preparation:
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and sauté the onion and the garlic.
- Add milk and simmer over low heat.
- After boiling turn off the heat and add the heavy cream.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a deep dish of approximately 40 cm in length, set the dish by creating layers of the sauce, cheese and slices of Anauá yam. Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until yamis tender and Golden brown. Serve immediately.